Learn how to make a sun print, otherwise known as a cyanotype - this type of printing is unique in that it is a form of photography that does not require a camera or an expensive darkroom.I will provide gloves and aprons but it's best not to wear your favourite clothes just in case you get chemicals on them. You are welcome to bring your own materials (stencils, negatives, flowers etc) and play around with the prints. I will provide all other materials, including a hair dryer..... all will be revealed!I do have a UV lamp if it happens to be an overcast day - let's face it, it's Britain! Please bring something with you to help you transport your prints back home in a flat position.The class duration is 1.5 hours.I will keep you topped up with tea or coffee (or Prosecco if a special occasion!)There is usually parking available on my road and the nearest rail station is Fulwell or Twickenham, London.How to book:Email me (email@example.com) to find out when the workshop can take place
Agree on a date and book through my website. Please read my Terms & Conditions - a booking and payment will constitute your acceptance of my Terms & Conditions. Look
Cyanotype Printing Workshop
- You must inform me of any allergies that may prevent you from taking the workshop.
- Participants must be aged 18 or over.
- The minimum class number is 1 person and the maximum is 4 persons. I may be able to accomodate groups over 4 persons - please contact me first to discuss.
- You have the right to cancel or reschedule a booked workshop up to 5 days before the date of the workshop date for any reason. You will be offered the option to either reschedule your booking or ask for a full refund.
- If I cancel or reschedule a booked workshop up to 5 days, you will be offered the option to either reschedule your booking or ask for a full refund.
- If you cancel within 5 days of the workshop, then a 50% refund will be offered. If I cancel within the 5 days of the workshop, you will be offered the option to either reschedule your booking or ask for a full refund.
Really enjoyed this short course on cyanotype - aka botanical blueprints - run by Emma Mapp. Seriously addictive hobby and Emma is great.
Susie - Teddington, London
Excellent cyanotype class with Emma. She explained everything in great detail. She was very patient & helpful & I would recommend the class to friends. Very inspiring.
Kate - Twickenham, London
The tutor was very friendly, kind, helpful and hands-on, and we had a wonderful afternoon. We each made four prints, but the first was a tester. The three prints I have are absolutely lovely, and just what I wanted! We brought our own flowers and leaves, but she also provided lots of things to try, and she helped us make decisions about which items to use. I would have liked a bit more info about the history and use of cyanotype, and I also think the class should have been half an hour longer to give us a bit more time to make one or two more prints.
Alice - Kingston, London
I'd been looking for a Cyanotype workshop for a while and was really looking forward to my workshop with Emma. She was encouraging, professional, friendly but above all excellent in teaching the rudiments of cyanotype printing that left me after our session with what I had hoped for - an ambition to improve and take my interest to the next level and enjoy printing at home. So thank you very much Emma.
Julian - France