Learn how to make a sun print, otherwise known as a cyanotype - this type of printing is unique in that it is a form of photography that does not require a camera or an expensive darkroom.
I will provide gloves and aprons but it's best not to wear your favourite clothes just in case you get chemicals on them. You are welcome to bring your own materials (stencils, negatives, flowers etc) and play around with the prints. I will provide all other materials, including a hair dryer..... all will be revealed!
I do have a UV lamp if it happens to be an overcast day - let's face it, it's Britain!
You will be making one fabric print to fit in a 23cm x 23cm embroidery hoop. I will provide the fabric and hoop. The fabric will either be cotton or cotton canvas. Please bring something with you to help you transport the embroidery hoop back home in a flat position.
We will also do a few practice paper prints for you to take home with you.
The class duration is 1 hour with a maximum of 2 people per workshop.
I will keep you topped up with tea or coffee (or Prosecco if a special occasion!)
There is usually parking available on my road and the nearest rail station is Fulwell or Twickenham, London.
How to book:
Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) to find out when the workshop can take place (I can do Mondays, Tuesdays, Saturdays or Sundays),
Agree on a date and book through my website. Please read my Terms & Conditions - a booking and payment will constitute your acceptance of my Terms & Conditions.
Cyanotype Fabric Printing Workshop
- You must inform me of any allergies that may prevent you from taking the workshop.
- Participants must be aged 18 or over.
- The minimum class number is 1 person and the maximum is 4 persons. I may be able to accomodate groups over 4 persons - please contact me first to discuss.
- You have the right to cancel or reschedule a booked workshop up to 5 days before the date of the workshop date for any reason. You will be offered the option to either reschedule your booking or ask for a full refund.
- If I cancel or reschedule a booked workshop up to 5 days, you will be offered the option to either reschedule your booking or ask for a full refund.
- If you cancel within 5 days of the workshop, then a 50% refund will be offered. If I cancel within the 5 days of the workshop, you will be offered the option to either reschedule your booking or ask for a full refund.
Really enjoyed this short course on cyanotype - aka botanical blueprints - run by Emma Mapp. Seriously addictive hobby and Emma is great.
Susie - Teddington, London